1. Promote discussion of key issues within specific subjects;
2. Keep up-to-date with the latest scholarship from subject specialists;
3. Add a video to your lesson plan. Share your ideas with other teachers (submit lesson plans for a chance to win an iPad III);
4. View how other teachers have used the resources and download their lesson plans;
5. Reinforce work done by suggesting that students watch material outside of school;
6. Show students a snapshot of what university is like in terms of the pedagogy and the ‘step up’;
7. Use the whole video to allow you to take a different perspective/counterpoint to that of the video. Promote criticism and debate;
8. Develop independent learners and promote higher order skills;
9. Help with the process of introducing students to career pathways, options and the process of applying for jobs;
10. Use as an additional resource to ‘stretch and challenge’ your students.
…and not forgetting that they are all free!