What is The Faculties? The Faculties is a new, free educational resource for secondary schools and especially those A-level students thinking about applying to University. We provide short, downloadable films of university lecturers speaking on topics from the A-level curriculum. In bringing the expertise of research scholars into the classroom, we want to stretch and inspire students, help them excel in their assessments and make a successful transition to university. In addition to the podcasts, there is information that helps students choose a university and programme of study that’s right for them. The site also shows prospective students what sort of careers might follow a particular course of study.
Subscribe to the blog: We are constantly adding new video podcasts in your subject. Keep up-to-date with all our new podcasts when they come online by subscribing, follow us on Twitter to receive these updates and more or subscribe to the RSS feed for each subject you are interested in.Follow @thefaculties
If you have an idea for a post or would like to write for the blog, please contact jonathan[at]thefaculties[.]org.
Read more about the project…
- Choosing the Right A-Levels
- Preparing for Graduate Scheme Applications & Interviews
- Graduate Employment Indicators Released
- Which is the safest university?
- Poll – Which subject(s) do you study?
- Would you consider teaching?
- Poll – Has the 2.1 degree classification become devalued?
- Latest on the Labour Market from the Office of National Statistics (May 2012)
- Graduates in the Labour Market – 2012
- Biology: Your Skills